Prolytix is a rapidly growing, large molecule CRO with world class protein chemistry expertise, integrated large molecule analytical services, and customized products to support biopharma R&D. We are currently seeking highly motivated and energetic individuals for the position of Manager, Business Development. The candidates will be responsible for driving revenue growth and market positioning by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships for the company.
As integral members of the Business Development team, the successful candidates will interact with marketing, laboratory, manufacturing, and senior management teams to develop and close opportunities. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Commercial Development. The ideal candidates will be proximally located to one of the biopharma technology centers such as South San Francisco, San Diego, Boston, or the NJ/PA corridor.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in the highly attractive field of large molecule therapeutics. Prolytix as, a small, mid-sized company, offers candidates a unique opportunity for rapid career growth and to gain knowledge and experience at an accelerated pace much faster than equivalent positions at larger CRO’s. Prolytix prides itself in a philosophy of “Science with a sense of urgency”, and our employees and culture are built around an entrepreneurial spirit and limited bureaucracy.
- Demonstrated history of success by consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets in current and previous positions.
- Identifies critical decision-makers within targeted organizations to establish long-term positive relationships that lead to signed contracts.
- Actively manages entire sales life cycle from prospect to closed account and works with the project management team after hand-off to ensure critical requirements are met. Has a focus on personalized service and follows up after the sale for repeat business.
- Prospects, identifies, qualifies, and prioritizes new business leads according to the strategic fit of customer’s current needs and Prolytix core capabilities in large molecule characterization and testing.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience selling bioprocesses development, biomolecule characterization, large molecule release testing, and stability services, host cell protein analytics, custom assay development and validation services, and hemostatic risk analysis for drug substances, medical devices, and other sample types.
- Develop and maintain an entire business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all territory management in an assigned geographic region, customers, or business areas.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, account plans, and territory management activities as required through Salesforce Dot Com.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor’s offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field (ie. molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, immunology, biotechnology), business administration, or related field
- Not less than three (3) years’ experience in sales leadership, account management, or related industry
- Extensive knowledge of large molecule analytical services for drug discovery and development to provide a basis for a consultative selling approach
- Proven track record in closing deals and driving significant top-line revenue
- Ability to build relationships through professional sales and interpersonal skills with a disciplined and organized approach
- Highly energetic and positive demeanor with ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people professionally, face-to-face, on the telephone, and in writing
- Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Proficiency in using Salesforce Dot Com a must
- Skill with LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other lead generation tools a plus
- The ability to leverage prior relationships for a quick start in the position will be ideal and command a premium
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)