The Associate Scientist is responsible for executing the technical operations associated with manufacturing and R & D processes in a manner that is compliant with Prolytix’s standard operating procedures and quality control procedures. The Associate Scientist reports to an appointed group leader (Supervisor, Associate Director or Associate Principal Scientist, etc).
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience in Protein Chemistry
- ELISA Assays
- Western Blotting
- Microplate Assays
- Blood Coagulation
- Execute technical assignments as instructed in standard operating procedures or as provided by group leaders.
- Prepare buffers and reagents required for manufacturing and R&D related operations.
- Handle biohazardous materials in a safe manner and make recommendations regarding the improvement of safety in the laboratory.
- Operate complex laboratory equipment with minimal supervision.
- Quantify and perform inventory release assays of protein preparations.
- Maintain complete and accurate laboratory records in accordance with Prolytix policies and procedures.
- Good writing skills to deliver technical reports, memos, etc.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- B.S. preferred in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field
- 0-3+ years’ experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Cross-functional experience working across departments in an organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a team and multi-task
- Good problem solving and reasoning ability
- Must be able to read and understand technical documents including training documents, work instructions, safety protocols and quality manuals
- Should be familiar with and understand the technical aspects of running several types of chromatography columns, electrophoresis gels, ELISA assays and other protein assays.
- A general understanding of amino acids, protein and carbohydrate structure is required